Monday, November 3, 2008

ACHS 2009 Famous Alumni

Wendy Robbins, AromaWeb Creator, ACHS 2009 Famous Alumni

ACHS Famous Alumni Wendy Robbins, Cert. Aroma, launched her website AromaWeb in 1997. “Before and after the launch of the AromaWeb,” Robbins says, “I craved to learn as much as I could about aromatherapy so that in turn, I could share that knowledge with others.” Today, Robbins writes articles about aromatherapy and essential oils, which she features on her user-friendly site, the world’s largest and most popular informational aromatherapy site on the Web.

Robbins knew aromatherapy was her passion early on. Lacking formal education in the field, she researched schools and courses, and “determined that ACHS offered the most serious and beneficial courses of study” to meet her needs. Robbins began the Certificate in Aromatherapy program in 1999 and graduated in 2000.

Her work with AromaWeb.com arose from the desire to create an online resource with accurate introductory information for those seeking more in depth information about the field of aromatherapy. Today, Robbins feels both pride and empowerment when her online visitors contact her to “share how AromaWeb has been an integral part of their discovery of aromatherapy and how their journey has led them to a formal education and career in the field.”

“I feel immensely rewarded,” Robbins says, “that through AromaWeb, I am able to utilize the knowledge and foundation in aromatherapy that I gained from my ACHS coursework to introduce the concepts of holistic aromatherapy to thousands of individuals each year!”
To contact Robbins about her experience at ACHS or work with AromaWeb, visit achs.edu and click on Alumni in Action.

Each year the Distance Education Training Council asks their accredited institutions to select exceptional distance education graduates for recognition. Award winners must meet select criteria set for the quality of their contribution to their chosen profession in specific, and society in general. Famous Alumni are featured in the DETC Famous Alumni brochure and on the DETC website.

To contact Robbins about her experience at ACHS or work with AromaWeb, visit achs.edu and click on Alumni in Action, or go to AromaWeb.com.

To view Robbins' online video, click here.

We’d love to hear from you! Click COMMENTS below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Doreen, Tracey, and the entire staff of ACHS for this special honor. And thank you, Lauren, for your wonderful post.

Tracey Miller kindly asked me to share a few words via video about my background, and I was delighted to have the opportunity to say "hi" and share a bit of my background (the video is linked from the post). For those that might not have the opportunity to view it, I'd like to elaborate to mention that in addition to operating AromaWeb, and as a result of my education, experience and growing passion for aromatherapy and other related fields, I was honored to be invited five years ago to join the staff of Natural Sourcing (www.naturalsourcing.com) as their marketing manager. Natural Sourcing owns several prominent trademarks including FromNatureWithLove.com. I credit ACHS for helping to give me the foundation that eventually lead to my carving out a career path that I love and that combines all of my talents and passionate interests.

Working full time as NS' marketing manager and handling everything regarding AromaWeb keeps me pretty busy, but I am especially eager to expand on my education with ACHS.

Current students and fellow alumns, do stop by AromaWeb (www.aromaweb.com) and say hi -- I always enjoy hearing from and getting to know other students/graduates from ACHS!

Thank you again for this lovely honor.

Sincerely,
Wendy Robbins

RNB Research said...

I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

ShareThis